Friday, October 9, 2009

The Nobel Prize

First, I want to congratulate President Obama on being only the third sitting President in history to win the Nobel Peace Prize. When the votes were calculated, during the first month of the Presidency, I remember the feelings of hope that inspired me and the enthusiasm that I felt for the future of the country. This is the framework in which our President won this award, not for any of his actions (or perceived inactions) since.

While I probably should not be, I am shocked at the reaction of the conservations to this award. Should we not be proud that not only a fellow American won this prestigious award, but that OUR sitting President won it? This lends cred to the idea that the conservatives wish to demean everything Obama does, and I for one feel it is time to start to echo their cries of "unpatriotism" that were levied on the Left during Bush's presidency. Could you imagine the response from the Right if Democrats said they wished the Olympics went to Rio De Janeiro instead of Chicago?? We would all be told to move down to Venezuela while we are at it and live under Chavez. Imagine the calls of unpatriotism if the chairman of the DNC said it was "unfortunate that the president's star power has outshined tireless advocates who have made real achievements working towards peace and human rights." All of the Liberals that said this would be told to move to Europe, since we obviously are too un-American to want our President to win the award. It is the height of hypocrisy in my opinion and we need to start calling them out on it! This is my very small part of doing so and I hope others help out as well...

In a final note, there needs to be a call to influence anyone that supports RedState.com monetary. Erick Erickson's comment that "I did not realize the Nobel Peace Prize had an affirmative action quota for it, but that is the only thing I can think of for this news," Erickson wrote. "There is no way Barack Obama earned it in the nominations period." is extremely racist and offensive - which I fear is the root of all the blind hatred towards our President. Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment